Assignment 4 - High Key and Low Key
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Rationale
High key and low key photography deliberately shift the key tone is not only to make an image lighter or darker overall, but also to signal a mood or feeling to achieve the desire visual effect.
Task
Produce the following pictures through straight photographic (on‐camera) techniques:
• High Key (1 photo)
• Low Key (1 photo)
photo High Key
photo High Key
photo High Key
photo Low Key
I took this photo for fun, thought I would just share it. In this photo the red heart is 'attracted' to the white heart. erm...I still prefer my frozen heart:)
High key and low key photography deliberately shift the key tone is not only to make an image lighter or darker overall, but also to signal a mood or feeling to achieve the desire visual effect.
Task
Produce the following pictures through straight photographic (on‐camera) techniques:
• High Key (1 photo)
• Low Key (1 photo)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cameral: Canon EOS 50D
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/4 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Focal Length: 135mm
In this series of high key photos, I've chosen white to transcend cold & frozen. I've used a plastic heart from a necklace, a glass 'cup-like' container, and many many ice.
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/4 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Focal Length: 135mm
In this series of high key photos, I've chosen white to transcend cold & frozen. I've used a plastic heart from a necklace, a glass 'cup-like' container, and many many ice.
This first photo was taken lying on the ground. It is actually a view from the bottom of a glass table. In here the heart seemed to be safe. But wrapped and surrounded by ice, seemingly isolated. Close to what I want to convey. But not yet. Composition wise however I thought it looks good.
Cameral: Canon EOS 50D
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/3 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Focal Length: 145mm
In this photo, the heart seemed to be happily floating, enjoying her life! Not what I wanted but could work too. I chose this because my dad like it hahaa. But Ms Chiang doesn't. So i better not.
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/3 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Focal Length: 145mm
In this photo, the heart seemed to be happily floating, enjoying her life! Not what I wanted but could work too. I chose this because my dad like it hahaa. But Ms Chiang doesn't. So i better not.
Cameral: Canon EOS 550D
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/3 sec
Aperture: 8.0
Focal Length: 60mm
This is my favorite high key photo. It totally conveys what I want to tell. The heart here seemed trapped and frozen in the cup, all alone. The condensation on the cup emits a trapped and 'having difficulty breathing' feeling. It also shows the heart is forced to the edge/wall or the cup and I can almost feel it being in there.
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/3 sec
Aperture: 8.0
Focal Length: 60mm
This is my favorite high key photo. It totally conveys what I want to tell. The heart here seemed trapped and frozen in the cup, all alone. The condensation on the cup emits a trapped and 'having difficulty breathing' feeling. It also shows the heart is forced to the edge/wall or the cup and I can almost feel it being in there.
I don't really know how to put it down in words but I hope you could get it through the photo.
The only thing about this photo is that the condensation making the subject blur-ish is very subjective to people's liking. That's exactly what I like about this picture, but many others might disagree. Hence I've put up the other 2 more pieces.
Cameral: Canon EOS 550D
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/3 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Focal Length: 200mm
This is my dad's old stopwatch/counter/timer thing thing. Hahaa yes I've purposely clicked 666 times to bring it to that number. Black gives a sense of darkness = hell/devil/evil. Hence the 666.
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/3 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Focal Length: 200mm
This is my dad's old stopwatch/counter/timer thing thing. Hahaa yes I've purposely clicked 666 times to bring it to that number. Black gives a sense of darkness = hell/devil/evil. Hence the 666.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unwanted photo.
♥Chloé 5:13 PM,
Post a Comment