Assignment 6 - The Moment

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Rationale

This assignment is also an in‐class contest, sponsored by Sony as part of its promotion of the launch of Sony’s new camera SLT‐A33.

As the title describes, the moment is a split second when something happens and the emotions are captured. The criteria for selection of the best works in the contest are the photos should be pleasing to the eye.


Task

To use continual shooting mode to capture a special moment, to produce a sequence of images, and then choose ONE for your final submission.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

photo The Moment
Camera: Canon EOS 550D
ISO: 400
Exposure:
1/100 sec
Aperture:
7.1
Focal Length:
135mm
I was walking down a park in a housing estate and saw this little boy playing in the playground. You can see the genuine joy in his eyes looking towards his parents, trying to catch attention, showing that he is a big boy can can successfully slide down the slide without help or falling.
I remember myself being a kid, with the exact emotions I saw him carrying. It's nice to be young.
photo The Moment
Camera: Canon EOS 550D
ISO: 400
Exposure:
1/100 sec
Aperture:
20.0
Focal Length:
26mm
The next two shots are taken in a carpark, once again my boyfriend as the model. He loves skateboarding and has been asking me to take a photos of him skateboard for quite a while. This is a perfect timing to do it.
photo The Moment
Camera: Canon EOS 550D
ISO:
400
Exposure:
1/100 sec
Aperture:
14.0
Focal Length:
18mm
With continuous shots I managed to catch some pictures of him in the air. I think this is the best shot of him skateboarding. We can see the facial expression - gleaming with achievement. (or massive focus on the stun jump).
photo The Moment
Camera: Canon EOS 550D
ISO: 1
00
Exposure:
1/60 sec
Aperture: 5.6

Focal Length:
160mm
You might remember this photo from Assignment 2 - Backstage. I can't forget this photo, it is really just the moment in time that I managed to capture this. The little girl was with her family of four (parents + an elder brother) while her parents and brother were looking out for places to sit, she spotted me shooting photographs of the surrounding. Seeing this cute little girl, I couldn't give it a miss, I squat down on the street and zoomed in to take a photo of her. This is the only picture I managed to take. Her eyes looking into my camera, the curiosity in her eyes and the way her hand were gestured. It is simply cuteness. The huge dark brown chairs surrounding her builds up the sense of the child being little, like a dwarf in a giant kingdom. The bright purple plastic structure she is touching also compliments well with the childlike theme.

I'm still deciding on which photo to use, but will most probably be the 3rd or 4th photo up here. :)
 
♥Chloé 12:56 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment